Thursday, June 12, 2014

Verdugo Street

For my streets I normally use the street system pieces from Walthers. They come in concrete or asphalt color or even in brick. In my modeled era the streets were mostly asphalt, so I either use the concrete or asphalt colored sets, depending on what's available at the local hobby shop. In this case I only had the concrete colored parts.


To give the street the desired asphalt color I used the grey street color from Heki. Woodland Scenics offers a similar paint to simulate asphalt or concrete. It's basically like painting a structure. I could have used my airbrush but that seemed too much hassle for just the small stretch of street.


A quick tip for painting the grade crossings: I used a piece of carton and slipped it between the rail and the adjoining piece of street. Then I applied the paint with the brush and reversed the carton for the other side of the rail.


This left the railheads clean.


The finished Verdugo Street only needs some weathering and details.

Thanks for following and stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment